Brewers Publications is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers. We seek to do this in a positive atmosphere, create lasting relationships and shared pride in our contributions to the brewing and beer community. The books we select to carry out this mission include titles relevant to homebrewing, professional brewing, starting a brewery, books on particular styles of beer, industry trends, ingredients, processes and the occasional broader interest title on cooking or the history/impact of beer in our society.
We are always pleased to review new proposals and work closely with our authors to manage the writing process to ensure that we meet deadlines and standards for quality. If you have ideas for a book on any of the subjects indicated we hope you will think of BP.
Please include the following information:
- A letter of introduction.
- A one-paragraph description of your book idea. What is the “hook” for your book? Why is it unique?
- A brief statement explaining why you think your book is needed and describing the potential readers of the book. Answer the question, “Who will buy this book and why?”
- A list of recent books (if any) that are similar to your own, with an explanation of how yours will be different and better. Give the competition for your book by listing books published within the last three years. Include title, author, page count, retail price, publisher, and description.
- A paragraph about yourself and your credentials for writing the book you are proposing (you may also wish to include your résumé).
- Some of your thoughts about the length, general appearance, and photographic and illustrative requirements of the book.
- A table of contents, including a brief description of each chapter.
- A sample of your writing from previous books or magazines.
- A sample chapter from the proposed book.
Address your proposal to (or email):
Publisher, Brewers Publications
1327 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302