How To Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Great Beer Every TimeBy John Palmer
Fully revised and updated, How To Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Great Beer Every Time is the definitive guide to making quality beers at home. Whether you want simple, sure-fire instructions for making your first beer, or you’re a seasoned homebrewer working with all-grain batches, this book has something for you. John Palmer adeptly covers the full range of brewing possibilities―accurately, clearly and simply. From ingredients and methods to recipes and equipment for brewing beer at home, How to Brew is loaded with valuable information on brewing techniques and recipe formulation.
A perennial best seller since the release of the third edition in 2006, How to Brew, is a must-have to update every new and seasoned brewer’s library.
This completely revised and updated edition includes:
– More emphasis on the “top six priorities”: sanitation, fermentation temperature control, yeast management, the boil, good recipes, and water.
– Five new chapters covering malting and brewing, strong beers, fruit beers, sour beers, and adjusting water for style.
– All other chapters revised and expanded:
– Expanded and updated charts, graphs, equations, and visuals.
– Expanded information on using beer kits.
– Thorough revision of mashing and lautering chapters:
– Expanded tables of recommended times and temperatures for single-infusion, multiple-step, and decoction mashing.
– Complete discussion of first wort gravity as a function of water to grist ratio.
– Complete revision of infusion and decoction equations.
– Revised and updated information on managing your fermentation:
– Yeast pitching and starters.
– Yeast starter growth factors.
– Yeast and the maturation cycle.
– And much more!
Available for Pre-Order
Paperback Edition | Brewers Association paperback, Kindle and iBooks – coming soon!
Owning How to Brew is like having a brewmaster as your best friend. In the 30-plus years since the American craft beer revolution got its start, countless brewing books have appeared. None, however, has achieved the status of How to Brew, which is thorough, comprehensive, and beautifully organized. And now, this new expanded and enhanced edition improves on the original. It’s a considerable feat to create a book that is invaluable both to first-time brewers and professional brewmasters, but John has done it with a book that is essential for everyone who is serious about brewing.
—Jim Koch, Founder & Brewer of Samuel Adams
Quantity discounts are available to qualified wholesalers. Our Customer Service Representatives can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Author: John Palmer
- Pages: ~600
- Dimensions: 9.9 x 7.1 x 0.8 inches
- ISBN: 978-1938469350, 1938469356