Take your homebrew from good to great with delicious recipes and expert advice
Perfect your recipes and bring your vision of the ultimate beer to life. Author Ray Daniels provides the brewing formulas, tables, and information to take your brewing to the next level in this detailed technical manual. From formulas and tables to modern techniques, this is more than another how-to manual.
- Expert advice
More than 200 tables
- Trusted, modern techniques
From ingredients and methods to recipes and equipment for brewing beer at home, John Palmer adeptly covers the full range of brewing possibilities accurately, clearly and simply. Learn the basics or advance your skills to craft the perfect pint at home with valuable information on techniques, recipes, ingredients, and more.
Whether a beginner or seasoned homebrewer, this book has it all:
- Definitive guide to making quality beers at home
- Fully revised and updated
- Expanded and updated charts, graphs, equations, and visuals
- The ultimate homebrewing book to give and receive
Three-time winner of the coveted National Homebrew Competition Ninkasi Award, Gordon Strong, examines the tools and techniques available in a mix of technical, practical, and creative advice aimed at experienced homebrewers who want to advance to the next level.
Advice for advanced homebrewers includes:
- Learn how to think smart and work less
- Special attention to brewing for competitions and special occasions
- Learn to identify process control points in mashing, lautering, sparging, boiling, chilling, fermenting, conditioning, clarifying, and packaging
- Best ways to control mash pH and how to effectively control your process through judicious equipment selection